Thursday, September 1, 2011

August

It has been awhile. I can't go back to my last post and keep going. So I am just going to have to start with July.
Hannah and I both had our birthdays in July. Hannah loved every bit of her birthday.She got a bike that she loves to ride around. She was sad that her dad had to be gone for work. But she forgave him. Her birthday landed on the day they celebrated the 24th. She was so excited and thought it was just awesome that she got a parade, cake, a movie and fireworks on her birthday. She couldn't believe that everyone came to do a parade and fireworks just for her on her day. I remember thinking and being told that when I was little. Funny how it really is not for you. But she can think that as long as she wants.I was proud of the cake that I made for her birthday. I think it turned out so cute. Hannah also got a barbie for her birthday. Grandpa and uncle Luke seemed to really enjoy it. It is funny how much better a 4 year old is then a 3 year old. She has gotten much sweeter, and helps with everything. Now if only Rya could skip age 3. But she sure does love to cuddle. So that makes up for the times that she drives me crazy. We got to spend some time with friends and play in the pool outside. Which lead to our basement flooding. We went bowling with Perry's. Blair's sister came into town. The last time we saw her was when we brought Rya home from the hospital. The girls got to play with her little boy. They loved it. In July we also went to Mount Rushmore. It was a very pretty place.
AUGUST:
Blair is still gone a lot. We did have him home for two weeks. We saw Blair almost the whole month of August. It was really nice. In return for having him home for almost a month, He will be gone all the month of September. He was in Virgina in August. I took a week and went to see him. While I was in Virgina we got to spend some time with his sister who lives in Virgina. We also saw his cousins in Virgina. Blair's brother, Tyler is on a mission in Virgina. We had a dinner date with him. It was great to see everyone. I did find out that I will never move to Virgina or Washington D.C. If you are wondering why, it is because you have never been to either of the places.
While Blair was home for the two weeks we went swimming, went up to our families farm and spent time with family. It was a fast two weeks. Hannah cried when we dropped him off at the airport. We will all be so excited when the job is over in October.
We are a little worried with his job being over in October. Blair is not guaranteed a job back at Wells Fargo. He has to apply for a job. He has been applying and has gotten interviews. But no such luck. If you all could keep us in your prayers it would be great. With Blair not having a job in October we know we can not keep paying rent and bills with no income coming in. So we are moving to Blair's parents basement till he gets a job. We are so grateful to them for helping us out. I am left to pack and move again without Blair. We will be moving the middle of September.
SEPTEMBER:
August came and went and now it is September. I can not believe it. This year has just zoomed by so fast. Hannah started preschool this week. She loves it. She has only had two classes and already can tell you the days of the week. She is so ready and anxious to learn. She is so smart. I cried a little when I dropped her off for her first day. It was great and sad to see her start her life as a big girl. I remember when she was a newborn and I thought her going to preschool would be years down the road. It came so fast. It was really nice to have 2 1/2 hours with just Rya. But we loved having Hannah back home.
Hannah makes us laugh so much. She is so funny with her words. She refers to people as humans. We were driving home from Blair's parents house last week and she said...
Hannah: Mom did you see that?
Me: Nope, What was it?
Hannah: It was a human walking his cat.
I laughed so hard. It is so funny that she does that. She will be playing downstairs or around the house. I will ask her what she is doing. She will say she is pretending she is a human. I have to remind her that she is a human.
Here are some pictures of the months of July and August.





































3 comments:

Bekah Condie said...

Holy cow they've grown! Why does that happen?! You guys all look so good and it sounds like you've had a really fun summer.

Rachel Chick said...

So cute! Nice to catch up - a little - on your lives. Hope all is going well!!

Amber said...

Thanks for the update. Your cake is beautiful!!! And I totally agree with you, I could skip age 3 as well =).