Thursday, August 19, 2010

2 weeks of crazy

Blair was home for two weeks before he went back out again for his job. In those two weeks we had a crazy life.
First I cut my finger open and had to get 5 stitches. I was cutting watermelon. It was crazy. While that was healing we took Hannah into the doctor because she had a cough for about 3 months and it was not going away. well to find out, It was pneumonia. Not fun. We ended putting her on medicine for that. Then I cut myself 2 more times. Nothing bad. But still. I guess me and a knife are not friends for a while.
Then the big thing.... We went to our farm with my family. We were having a blast. We were going to go to the Rodeo and the horse pull. WE went to the hoarse pull and we had a blast. The bleachers do not have a front or a back to them and I was so scared something was going to happen. I kept getting that feeling that I really needed to watch my kids. Well we went back to the fair for the Rodeo. We showed up an hour early to get seats. Right before it started, Rya fell down the back of the bleachers about 15 feet and landed on Concrete. I heard Blair yell that she fell and he ran down the bleachers. I looked down and was so worried she might be dead. When I looked back down she was on her knees screaming and bleeding. I ran down to go get her. Blair had her in his arms and the security guys were with him. We ran her to the ambulance and they looked her over. They said with a fall that hard she needed to get her head checked out. We went in an ambulance to Roosevelt Hospital. They put an IV in her. They were so bad with that IV. She was bleeding out of her hand so bad. They looked at her chin and said he would need stitches but they were going to try to glue it first. They did an scan of her head and nothing showed any damage. They ended up gluing her chin back together. She hated anything anyone was doing to her. but I am so grateful that she is alive. She could have been hurt a lot worse. We went back to the farm and she crashed so hard. I said my prayers that night and told of how grateful I was to still have my baby. I got the strongest feeling that it was my Grandma Merkley who helped her get to the bottom with out getting hurt. I believe she cut her chin on the bench on her way down. But I don't think she fell. I thinks he was helped out. I can't tell you how scary it is to think that your child is dead and you can do nothing. To think that that morning everything was fine and then your child can go at any moment. It is a scary scary feeling. But I am so so grateful to have Rya still with us. She is an amazing little girl and I love her so much. We thought the next morning she would wake up sore and in pain. She woke up her normal happy self. We looked over her body and there were no scraps, cuts or bruises anywhere. She is a miracle baby.
The next day after we got back from the farm we had two sick kids. both of there fevers were running about 103.7. It was so bad that Hannah wouldn't move off our bed. She even threw up on our bad. Not something you love to clean up. We took them to the doctors and they said that Hannah pneumonia is gone and it is just a bug they have. They were fine the next day.
Blair can't believe that all that went down while he was home. I told him that we were just needing attention from him.
















1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh wow. My heart just dropped as I read about your sweet little Rya. I am certain she was protected. What a miracle! Know that you are a wonderful mom. I know it is tempting to blame yourself for the fall, don't. You are an amazing mother and you are doing an incredible job raising your two girls. Love you!