Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

I went to the doctor for a checkup today. He told me that he thinks the baby is not getting what she needs and she might be in trouble. He told me to get a ultrasound right away. Blair and I were getting a little worried. She had to be ok. She moves like crazy, and kicks so hard. I thought for sure she was big because of how hard the kicks were. I also thought for sure that I was dilated or something. I have had contractions for a while. But I found out that no dilation is going on.
We have been worried not knowing if she is ok. We went in for our ultrasound. The doctor was so off. I am due December 7. The ultrasound is showing I am 2 weeks more then what my due date is. That puts me at November 22. The ultrasound is also showing her being 7 lbs 14 oz. WHAT!!! I don't want a big baby. She needs to come now. I am taking advice on how to start dilation and contractions. Any ideas?

9 comments:

tristanandtricia said...

No kidding!? Wow...what a rollercoaster. I'll bet you are ready though. I wish I had suggestions but I have never had a baby...so maybe when I do, you'll have to give me some tips! :) Good luck!

Wendie said...

Hooray! That is exciting news. Best wishes!

I've decided to take my blog private temporarily. Will you send me Jesse's email address?

Rachel Chick said...

Good luck! I'm excited for you! All I can say is walk a lot and (not from my own experience) DO NOT use castor oil. I've heard some REALLY hideous stories. Steer clear, cous. No matter how desperate you are! :)

Life for the Pillings said...

Wow! That's the kind of news that you like to hear! I'm excited for you to be able to have this baby sooner. I can't wait to meet her. I agree with Rachel stay away from the castor oil - I've heard good things, but the bad are bad.

HIJK Skousen said...

Wow, looks like you will definitely beat me to the punch with this baby. I hope it all goes well. As far as dilation, I am the wrong one to ask because I am always late with all my babies. Good luck!!

Cherish said...

That is so Exciting!!! You better get walking a lot. Why would the doctor scare you with saying that the baby might not be getting what it needs? Yikes...that would scare me. I'm glad everything is ok. Keep us posted!

Megan said...

I have done a lot of different things to try to help dilation and contractions... but I could only dilate and they had to start the contractions for me! Some of things that I tried: eat fresh pineapple, dark chocolate (like 80%or more cocoa), drink raspberry leaf herbal tea (at least one cup a day... I did this for a couple of months before each, though), climb stairs, the list goes on and on... Who knows what really put me at a 6 with Noah and a 4 with Emma. Best of luck and keep us posted!!

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

I have no idea how to start contractions/dialtion... but the weekend before ashlyn came I walked a TON and ate spicy foods (yummm...) and I had dilated a bit more that weekend when they checked on monday. ...but i'm sure you're walking plenty, chasing after a one year old!

Amber said...

Good luck!!! I hope she comes soon the waiting games is no fun.